Office Financial Policy
Our office takes pride in providing you with the finest dental care at very reasonable fees and we make every effort to contain the cost to you. You can help by paying for treatment at the time of your visit.
If your treatment plan requires several visits you will be given an estimate and asked to make financial arrangements with our office manager. We accept checks, cash, debit and credit cards, including Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
Past due, unpaid accounts are subject to collection costs, including accumulated interest.
When the economy is tough many people put their dental care on the backer burner. We are pleased to offer CareCredit to our patients. CareCredit has convenient, no down payment, and low monthly payment plan for dental treatment ranging from $100 to $25,000. CareCredit offers customized payment options for up to five years, giving you the ability to receive the critical or elective care you need today.
CareCredit is a revolving line of credit that can be used as a payment option for health care or dental expenses not covered by insurance. It can also help bridge situations when care exceeds insurance coverage and it can be used repeatedly and for different family members up to your approved credit limit.
Dental insurance is intended to cover some, but not all of the cost of dental care. Most plans include a deductible and co-pay which is payable by you. If you are fortunate to have dental insurance, we ask that you bring your plan information with you to your first visit, or better yet, provide that information to us when you call to schedule your appointment.
Our office accepts assignment of benefits, when offered by the insurance company, to reduce your immediate "out of pocket: expense. If we accept your insurance towards payment, we ask that you pay the yearly deductible at the time services are rendered. We will estimate this as closely as possible.
Please understand the following:
1. Your insurance is a contract between you, and your insurance company and/or your employer. We are not a party to that contract. The range of benefits depends solely on what your employer wishes to purchase.
2. The financial obligation for dental treatment is between you and our office. We will assist you in any way that we can and work with you to maximaize the benefits to which you are entitled. You are ultimately responsible for payment of treatment from the day it was rendered.
3. Please understand that your share is only an estimate and is based upon the information available to us. Some plans may cover as little as 30% or as much as 100% of dental services, with most falling in the 50% to 100% range. Most plans have a maximum amount they pay, usually between $1000- $2000 per year.
4. Our fees are considered to fall within the acceptable range from most insurance companies, and are covered up to the maximum allowance provided by them. This applies only to companies that pay a percentage (such as 80% or 50% ) of the usual, customary and reasonable fee as determined by most insurance companies. This does not apply to companies who reimburse based upon an arbitrary schedule of fees, which bears no relationship to the current standard and cost of care in this area. If your plan bases the amount of benefits on a schedule of fees arbitrarily developed by the insurance company, you may receive a lower percentage than the reimbursement level indicated in your dental plan. For example, if your plan states that it will pay 80% of the cost of a specific treatment, it means 80% of the fee arbitrarily determined by the insurance company and not the actual fee charged by our office;
5. Not all services are covered by all plans. Insurance companies often arbitrarily select certain services that they will or will not cover. The quality of your plan is usually related to how much your employer is willing to pay for the plan. While we will do our best to get benefits for any service you may need, any charges not paid by insurance are your responsibility.
If you have any questions about the above information or are uncertain about your insurance coverage, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are here to help you.